Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guild forum for the Republic of Hyboria, an Age of Conan guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Role Play History

Go down 
+3
*Damen
Kovina
Aieka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aieka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Aieka

Number of posts : 83
Class : Huntress
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Your Role Play History Empty
PostSubject: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 am

Tell us a little about when you started to RP. How old were you? Where did you RP? How long have you been doing it? Your favorite RP?

-Aieka
Back to top Go down
Kovina
Ninja-feet, ninja-feet....
Ninja-feet, ninja-feet....
Kovina

Number of posts : 31
Class : Ninja
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Ooo, story time!

Or something like that. Anyway!

My very first exposure to the odd monstrosity that is RPing was when I was thirteen and stumbled across, almost completely by accidental chance, a message board dedicated to a Fallout RP. Okay, great, cool. I really enjoyed the games, so I went along with it and made up a character and started having fun.

That sparked a four-year era of such forum RPing goodness. I skipped around to a whole bunch of them, and started roleplaying in a Fallout-esque (Wasteland-based for the initiated) called Desolation. Met some cool people there, had a lot of fun, and went around to all the boards and stuff and generally made a fool of myself.

It was around this time that I realized I really enjoyed writing. So the more of it I did, the better I got, and the happier I was doing it. Because, as I've come to realize, I was awful at first. But I got better, clearly.

After that era, which ended around the time I started going to college, I basically didn't RP at all. I just wrote.

Lately I've been doing both, so I'm quite happy where it all is now.
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

Number of posts : 74
Class : Herald of Xotli

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Well, it all started back in 1989, I ran across the game WarHammer. I got into and built and army, and eventually got in with some frineds that played. They introduced me to D&D, but never really got into it. After a while most changed from D&D to other games that interested me more, the White Wolf series of RPG, GURPS, and then eventualy Rifts. I really enjoyed rifts and then really started RPing. I joined the Army in '97 and eventually got introduced to EQ1 by one of my old friends that joined with me, as we no longer had time to get groups togeather, we started RPing on EQ. So, sence then I've been doing my RP via MMOs.
Back to top Go down
https://troh.darkbb.com
Koro
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

I started about 6 years ago on an email RP type thing it was called this thing we do I also did some star trek email RP (even though I never watched the show). I was more focused on this thing we do which was a mafia based game where you emailed each other back in forth and the story progressed further and further. After getting bored with that I moved into a script based game called A world called hollow I played that for about a year or two. I then moved in to actual MMO's and started with WOW Rping on there and actually got bored of that game quick so I quit and went on my search for a better game to not only play but to RP. I then came upon Lord of the rings online and had fun playing that for a while but once I heard about Age of conan I couldn't turn it down. So I here I am in the glorious republic rping with a bunch of great people in a great guild. As with most people when I started off with RP I was terrible, but over time learning from people who had been doing it for years I picked up on some things.

*I actually didn't RP much in any of the MMO's I listed so its actually been a little while since I've really gotten into it. So I may be rusty.

Look forward to RPing with you all in the game!!

-Koro
Back to top Go down
Aieka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Aieka

Number of posts : 83
Class : Huntress

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 am

For me it all started when I was 11. My dad had gotten A)L 2.0 or so and I came upon some chat rooms that all had around the same names. I had found the realms of Rhy'Din. I started in a Place called Castle Royal Crest, and RPed there from 11-13 or 14 before the place closed it's doors forever. From there I became a wanderer of Rhy'Din. Over the years I started realizing the realms were becoming a place I didn't want to be. So I set out to find a new home.

That is when I came upon MSN Chats. I became a wanderer there for a while before I found a permanent home in Seductive Inn. That was probably my favorit RP of all time. I had many friends, and still remember my days as a bartender for Rose the owner. Since then I have RPed in many chatrooms, and then when MSN went pay I stopped. Slowly all my friends I RPed in IMs with started to quit RP. I still have a few I RP with, and my main Character is still alive and well.

I have also played D&D. Though I never had RPed before in any of the MMOs I had played until this one. I have loved my last 14 years of RP, and hope I can have at least another 14 more.

-Aieka

Last edited by Aieka on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ortin
Recruit
Recruit
Ortin

Number of posts : 13
Class : Priest Of Mitra
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:37 am

I started PnP (Pen and Paper) D&D back in 1985. We had to create the character sheets, roll the die and set aside an entire weekend to play one campaign. (one chain quest if were lucky). We had to roll the die for everything we were doing and we had use our imagination and brain and study - really study the classes. That was for some time - then I found Ultima online in 1995 or so and stayed with it off and on until 2005. Please stay tuned for my traditional RP character, im sure everyone will enjoy.

My favorite rp is a role similair to Fizban. If you dont know who Fizban is, please find out he is an awesome guy!

Other MMORPG's I have Are (takes in a deep breath) LOTRO, DDO (RP a Cleric), EQ, EQ2, SWG, UO (all versions) Vanguard (RP a monk there) , Anarchy Online, World of Warcraft, DAOC level 51 Friar that i enjoy RP with... (exhales)

Once my comfort level with the game and my character increases Ortin will devlop a more interesting character. Other names to look for me in AOC is Ortin, Torin, Rohtin, Jahn, Rotin, and Valso

-Ortin
Back to top Go down
Visigoth
Recruit
Recruit
Visigoth

Number of posts : 8
Class : ConQueror
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Hmmm   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Well I dont have a story like any of yours, as I have never role played, I have always been a fan of Conan so when I found out about this game I wanted to try it even though I knew I had never played any computer games or MMOs. I have had a blast with it, and things got even better when I was invited to the guild, I had many questions that you all answered and I have learned alot but am still very much a novice at all this. I feel I have adapted well to everything, and many probably wouldnt even know. But so far I am having a great time and its been killing me not being able to play. I know everyone I was grouping with will all be 80 when I return. And truthfully I need to actually google roleplay because after reading your stories it sounds likes it alot more than just developing and becoming your character in a game. See everyone soon

VIZ
Back to top Go down
Molech
citizen
citizen

Number of posts : 31
Class : Barbarian
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 5:56 am

Never played DnD much at all, but I did play Gamma World with a few buddies of mine. Ran and played Star Wars. Some Cthulhu. When I play MMO's it gets a bit hard to actually roleplay. I usually just play myself and roleplay when the need arises. When I played SWG, I actually got into the mindset of a Bounty Hunter. I had a spy network and they would shoot me tells when people of "interest" aka jedis would come around. I was founder of a large bounty hunter guild that had over 70 people in it, mostly hunters. And we roleplayed as the mercenary group. That was tons of fun.

I usually find myself taking a character that solos. I am usually the one that just stands in the background and watches stuff unfold and decide whether or not I want to take part in the fight.

So I guess you could say I am not a hardcore roleplayer but one that does it on occasion.

The characters I play are usually borderline good, but with a little evil streak in them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Role Play History   Your Role Play History I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Role Play History
Page 1 of 1