Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guild forum for the Republic of Hyboria, an Age of Conan guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The priest - Ortin's Travels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ortin
Recruit
Recruit
Ortin

Number of posts : 13
Class : Priest Of Mitra
Registration date : 2008-05-28

The priest - Ortin's Travels Empty
PostSubject: The priest - Ortin's Travels   The priest - Ortin's Travels I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:42 pm

Here i sit against this tree enjoying the breeze and the bustle of people here in Tesso. Or so at least the tillerman told me this is where I am and seems to match my map from home. This town is troubled, just as much or more in Tortage and Tarantia. Tarantia seems to have rich people's problems and havent had a simple day of life. Though it seems that education is present, though depending on your lot in life some people have enough to get by.

I didnt make an entry for Tortage, though now it is safe enough without being in constant fear of persecution. Ninus the Priest of Mitra in Tortage sends his best by way of courier. There is talk amonst some of the others from the ship about a guild - a family - a republic? The Republic of Hyboria, seems ok for a name, though through my teachings it is the people that count. Here at this point, at the 25th prayer or was it the 22nd that I have met some of their leaders. (Aieka, Aria, Xemis, and some others) This week has been very busy, as one of the guards told me about a colony of people that have a form of boils, sores and leprosy.

Speaking with Ninus again by courier gave some instructions and questions to ask to stay clean and help them. As a priest of Mitra it is my duty to help those that truly need help. There are some here in Tesso that just seem to want you to do their menial taks and 'dirty work'. Tommorow I will make my way to this colony the guard told me about. Also in the note that the Red hand has been found out here in this land as well.

I have lost track of the days, and today is brand new day with the sun shining brightly! Praise Mitra! I shall make my way to the colony and help them as much as i can. It is an outcast group from Tesso, and seems that they were given their sickness from some crooked soldiers at a camp by Corvo. There is only one child here that i can see, and the rest are hurting and need attention. These people have made hard choices that some of their children are in Tesso and cant see them for fear of being stoned to death or worse.

I believe that my training as a priest is doing well, though im sure there is more in store for me. The biggest lesson i have learned from Tesso and this colony is Compassion for others, and to help those to do something that is impossible for them. Accomplishing some things here have been very rewarding spiritually. They offer what they can, and i politely refuse or only accept what Is really needed. I wonder after I help here if anyone else will come back to check in on them and tend to their needs? This place is truly a cruel and mean place, and maybe I can be a candle for someone to have for a moment as a bright sign of hope.

All I have seen is people without families, or ones that are broken and ask for sometimes the most simplest things. I know since being ripped from my family and not being able to see them anymore makes me sad. This guild though, the people seem good enough and perhaps i will be accepted into their guild. A guild i suppose will be the closest i will have to a family and if there was a moment of being greedy or selfish, this would be it for me.

It seems that everyone here has the thirst for power and glory. Oh how i have learned the lesson that too much is a bad thing... Power and glory can become absolute to a person and corrupt their souls as they continue this path. Funny, one young lad had no idea he had one, and wanted to know if they can be traded? I will pray for this young man and many others. As i bring this entry to a close, my quest is to be able to give hope to those i encounter. If you keep giving hope, and keep building courage in others, that is all i really need between Mitra and myself. In my next entry I will make some entries about Tortage. It is something i need to write, though i hope our children will never have to experience. I would have the greatest sorrow if any more children have to live through another Tortage.

Praise Mitra,

Ortin 23rd prayer
Back to top Go down

The priest - Ortin's Travels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Town Hall :: The Tavern-
Jump to: