Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guild forum for the Republic of Hyboria, an Age of Conan guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bright Light and Dark shadows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrisus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Bright Light and Dark shadows Empty
PostSubject: Bright Light and Dark shadows   Bright Light and Dark shadows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 am

The brightest light will cast the darkest shadows. Such is the case with Acrisus. He has been a non violent person throughout his travels in Hyboria, following a path lit by Mitra's light, only attacking when provoked, but the shadows are growing darker and the priests patience has worn too thin.

"I will not tolerate disrespect, in any form!" he says, glancing around the keep. "I have gone too long without voice and I will not contain any longer. Nobody can make me feel inferior without my consent and I give that consent nomore"

A cleansing fire radiates from his fingertips, as if it were a warning, a marking of territory or personal space.

"I do not wish to associate the Republic with my darker side, and I am certain that it would not be accepted here. With that said, I will leave while my name can still be remembered as an icon of peace. I believe all that the Republic has done was, and still is, a great pillar of hope in this hostile land. I wish you all well in everything that you do."

Acrisus turns and walks away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TheRatFink.com
Shah
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Shah

Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Bright Light and Dark shadows   Bright Light and Dark shadows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 10:49 am

A gentle breeze, a furtive shadow, a caw from an unseen bird and a beckoning whisper from the shadows of the keep gave Acrisus pause as he strode out.

"Acrisus... You are right of course. It is right and proper not to associate the Republic with our darker sides."

Acrisus paused his ire mixing with the tincture of that nervous energy which prepares all heroes for imminent fights. Acrisus looked into the darkness for his interlocutor.
"Eh? Who's there?"

"Why, its none other than your faithful friend, Shah."

From the shadow, (but not the shadow Acrisus had been peering into) the forester strode forward to stand by the side of the mighty priest.

"My apologies for my manner, as it is my custom to see before being seen. Please forgive me that indulgence for the times are indeed dangerous, your holiness." Shah whispered with a jaunty smile, as he bowed formally in greeting to the taller priest.

"The ways of darkness call to you, and in your righteous indignation you answer them. For one such as I, the darkness provides comfort, and even safety. Know that you have a friend in your travels, wherever they may lead, for hell does not brook such bonds lightly. And I will be seeking your counsel and blessings as well, if you've a mind to give them."

And... with a sound not unlike that deep breath taken before an uncontrollable scream, the wind and shadow swallowed the ranger, and once again Acrisus was alone.

Last edited by Shah on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shah
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Shah

Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Bright Light and Dark shadows   Bright Light and Dark shadows I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 pm

Dagblasted Priests don't know how to hide their misdeeds.
Feel some responsibility to honesty and need to leave our company in order to get things done. Go figure that?

It'd be a lie if to claim I were no sinner. Just don't go rubbing the stink of it under folks noses, is all.

Just because a fellow has a need to do something what some might call nasty, is no reason to abandon the kinship of our Republic.
Not that I speak for all, but would have you back any time, "dark side" or no. Take care, friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bright Light and Dark shadows   Bright Light and Dark shadows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bright Light and Dark shadows
Page 1 of 1