Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guild forum for the Republic of Hyboria, an Age of Conan guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!

Go down 
+3
Kovina
*Damen
Rohnan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

Number of posts : 24
Class : Ranger
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 pm

I made a title for the site, just to jazz things up a bit. The plain text I found dull.
Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! Title-1
I will make more later.
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

Number of posts : 74
Class : Herald of Xotli
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm using a templete, if you get togeather with Shah, and make me a templete/skin, we can change the look farther.
Back to top Go down
https://troh.darkbb.com
Kovina
Ninja-feet, ninja-feet....
Kovina

Number of posts : 31
Class : Ninja
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:23 am

Ooooo, that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

Number of posts : 42
Class : Mitra's Aria
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:23 am

Looks great Damen. Adds a much nicer feel to the whole site. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Aieka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Aieka

Number of posts : 83
Class : Huntress

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:19 am

Aria is was Rohnan that made the top banner not Damen. Great job!
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Aieka wrote:
Aria is was Rohnan that made the top banner not Damen. Great job!
She's thanking me for putting it up.... tongue
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:45 am

Ok, Aria wanted me to come up with a crest, but I really suck when it comes to making things from scratch, but this is what I got:

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! Title-10

Rohnan may be better than me in post work, as I mostly just animate, if you want to, I can send you the raw file to touch up.
And Pro Res Publica is "For the Republic" in latin.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:28 pm

I think its sweet!
Could you send it to me in layers? I would like to make it more gritty, textured and old looking. I work in CS3, so that would save me some time.
Perhaps you could make the crest the image the new post indicator. The shield would be blue if there are no new posts and red if there are.

Lets make a new background! Any ideas? I could always steal some art off the official website. On my screen I only get a border of the stoneish looking background. but it looks so...1998 expages:P

EDIT-
I just amalgamated some art from the art book. It looks alright. kinda as if it were painted on a sheet of plywood:P
Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! Picture1
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:08 pm

What format extention would you like, I'm using the GIMP (don't say crap, I love GIMP!), and havn't installed PS on the new rig.

Also, you can DL their fansite kit, it has some pretty good stuff in it.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:13 pm

haha, well I used gimp for a little while. I just could not get into it after learning in photo shop.
Save it as .tif then. I don't know if PS can read GIMP layers, so make each part of the image a separate layer. All I'll need is the swords, shield and banner.
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:01 pm

I keep forgetting any version > GIMP2.0 can save in PS format. I don't use that format often, so I forget that GIMP can pretty much handle alot of PS things. Email sent.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! TRoH2
theres my edit.I really like the shield but I felt i felt it was a little warrior tribe, and not republic enough. So I made my edit have a bit of royal flare. I was unsure of what to put in the background...so I found an image of Conans sword! I think it would be better with something else. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Zaan
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:08 pm

I love the shield, Rohan. It looks great. The details in the textures are beautiful. I wish I had that kind of talent.

One thought though, the text is a bit difficult to read on the banner. Any way to make that a bit more legible?

- Zaan
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:02 pm

The shield is Damens work. As for the textures, it was all from this wonderful brush set I downloaded! But don't get me wrong I'll totally take credit for it:P

Okay, well hows this?
Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! TRoH3
Back to top Go down
Kovina
Kovina

Number of posts : 31
Class : Ninja
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Ahhh, that's much more readable.

I really like the flair to the sides of the shield, and how everything looks like it's been through a big, hefty battle to get to us.

My only gripe is with Conan's sword being a bit too flashy and out of place. Though I don't know what to suggest to replace it, or where to get a replacement sword picture.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Lovely! Only sugestion is may be inside the shield have an open hand. Not only to signify a vote but a symbol of our non-aggression philosophy *shrug* just a suggestion but I like it this way too
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:50 pm

yeah the sword is totally out of place. But I just wanted to share with you all what I did. I would draw my own sword but it would look really fake!
Damen think you could fill the hand request?
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 am

Kovina wrote:
Ahhh, that's much more readable.
You do know, it will be even less veiwable now? What I posted was at the size it will display on site, a taller pic means the words will be smaller.

Rohnan wrote:
yeah the sword is totally out of place. But I just wanted to share with you all what I did. I would draw my own sword but it would look really fake!
Damen think you could fill the hand request?
Sorry, my abilites lie in photomaniputlation, not creating from scratch, all those parts are from concept art, ot brushes.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:54 am

If you can find spell icons from in game there is one called hand of Mitra that could offer a start. Would just need some coloring. Or if you like I can search out to try to find one to see what you boys can do
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:07 pm

all the images i can find are far to small to use. i could just take a picture of my own hand and just edit that. though i fear i would be unable to create a shield that looks like anything!
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Rohnan wrote:
all the images i can find are far to small to use. i could just take a picture of my own hand and just edit that. though i fear i would be unable to create a shield that looks like anything!
Thats actually a good idea, just edit out the back ground and your wrists. Then use a painting filter, giv it slight trasparancey and maybe some grundge, then over lay it on the current shield.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! TRoH4
Well Damen, thats exactly what I did! But with the circles in the background it took away from the hand. So I clone stamped them out and then used the healing brush to make everything look smooth again.
I did a closed finger pose but it did not look very good. plus without shading you cannot tell what the image is of when made just plain white. So I went with the open fingers.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:54 pm

Oh my oh my it's incredible! Bravo! Want does everyone else think of it? I think it's awesome. Not only do I think the hand is a good symbol for the Republic I think it makes the whole design have more spice. Just what I think. I love it
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:11 am

and the best part is its got my grubby little paws right on it!Razz
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:34 am

Any chance of bringing the fingers in closer together so it would look more like a vote than like a grab?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next