Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guild forum for the Republic of Hyboria, an Age of Conan guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!

Go down 
+3
Kovina
*Damen
Rohnan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aieka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Aieka

Number of posts : 83
Class : Huntress
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:55 pm

I don't really understand what the hand is for though. What is the meaning behind it? Though I like the crest. A thought though is that the hand is a bit to bright.

-Aieka
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

Number of posts : 42
Class : Mitra's Aria
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

The hand symbolizes two things. 1) a vote due to that's what a republic is. Where the power belongs to the people. Secondly a open hand is the opposite of a closed fist. Symbolizing our no first strike
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

Number of posts : 74
Class : Herald of Xotli

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 am

Don't worry about the brightness, on average, the crest will only be seen at half that size. And if its used on the front page, we can dull it more.

Hey, Rohnan, can you send me a .png of the crest with the black background as a transparancy?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://troh.darkbb.com
Aieka
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Aieka

Number of posts : 83
Class : Huntress

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:24 am

I like it. This is great work guys.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

Number of posts : 24
Class : Ranger
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 am

The reason the fingers are so far appart is because it fills the circle better. aesthetically I think it looks better. symbolically, yes it looses a bit of the message. So this being said I will bring the fingers closer together . It may not be very much, because if I had the fingers closed like a hand to vote, the thresholded image would look like a white paw.

Yeah Damen, for sure! I'll just do these edits first. But that wont be quite yet....I'm late for work as it is!Razz

--EDIT

Okay here it is!
Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 TRoH5

I just took a whole new hand picture so there is some spacing between the fingers! Hope you like it!
Back to top Go down
Dorathy
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 am

Kovina wrote:
Ahhh, that's much more readable.

I really like the flair to the sides of the shield, and how everything looks like it's been through a big, hefty battle to get to us.

My only gripe is with Conan's sword being a bit too flashy and out of place. Though I don't know what to suggest to replace it, or where to get a replacement sword picture.

Yeah, I agree with you Kovina about the sword. But instead of another sword, perhaps the outer edge of the circular crest can be made "shinier" to match the sword's brass-gold? I would also complexify the rest of it too, the level of details (the density) isn't the same. Anyway, don't get me wrong on this guys, I couldn't do as good as what it is right now and I already like it a lot as it is.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 10:14 am

Wow. We have some serious talent! You took that and turned it into exactly what I was thinking. I would say it's ready go up. Damen are we using the background too? If so our page if going to look spiffy soon. Well done. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with in the future.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:35 am

Well the background I'll have to email Damen. When I uploaded it photobucket did some serous resizing. But I'm glad you like it!

Dorathy, the flare I would love to turn up the gain on its texture. But, I really don't even know what that is suposed to be. Coat of arms just have odd flowy things to their sides so I just gave ours the scratches and shading. As for the shield being shiny, when its scaled down it will make hardly any difference. And the sword, I'm still down for changing it! If anyone can find something better please send it my way!
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:59 am

Aria wrote:
Wow. We have some serious talent! You took that and turned it into exactly what I was thinking. I would say it's ready go up. Damen are we using the background too? If so our page if going to look spiffy soon. Well done. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with in the future.
Am I missing something? The background is just black. Though I wanted a transparant background on the one he sent me to place on some guild pictures.

Though, I'm gonna add the crest to the headder.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:46 am

It's on the first page. Kind of gold with a tower and black stuff. *shrug* Guess he was just saying he is going to make one and that isn't it. Oh well. Got too excited and ahead of myself
Back to top Go down
*Damen
*Guild Officer
*Guild Officer
*Damen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:09 pm

Ahhhh... the wall paper. Ok, I know what you mean now.
Back to top Go down
Rohnan
citizen
citizen

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:53 pm

to be totally honest. i did not even save the title at the top of the page as a psd. so I can't edit it though I can just remake it.
Damen I'll send you the background right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!   Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Graphics need some work, here are some ideas!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2